Journal week 8
The today class, I deal
with the used to, we started reviewing the task that they had for today, we
corrected it and I gave the necessary attention to know if the subject was
clear, then with a flashcard reward the students that They did the homework
giving them extra points if they gave me two prayers, and while that was
happening, the others were doing the homework they did not do.
Sometimes it is good to show that doing the assigned tasks are rewarded if they are done at home, when doing this type of activity what I want is for them to realize that I prefer that they respond to me inside the class than outside it or leaving them more work, my activities are simple, I know they understand them but laziness often wins.
Again I had an intervention of my innovation plan, I go in number three, today I noticed that yes, the vast majority really feel motivated when I present a song, today was Set fire to the rain by Adele, at first I thought that being something slow would be boring but the reaction was totally different, it was pleasant, and that motivates me a lot because it means that they like it. What they had to do was find the verbs in past and regular and irregular verbs, we listened to them completely, and then, for each piece of song, we identified what were the verbs in the past and their meaning. I was surprised to see some students participating, because sometimes they are the quietest or what they suddenly do not like at times, but it was very nice to see them participating in the song. Today I was alone, because my assessor had to go on an emergency trip, and even so the attitude of the students was very good, they even sang, that's good for my personal analysis.
I think it is important to encourage students' by rewarding their homework, workshops, or even simple exercises in class. I liked that fact because my students also like it so it is a good strategy to follow whenever is possible. Indeed, playing songs as listening activities is an excellent and catching strategy to keep their attention up. Your classes must be exciting and entertaining, I hope to attend to one of them once.
ResponderBorrar