Journal week 3
JOURNAL WEEK 3
Today's class was more about virtual interaction, I
found it more rewarding to use the tools I have in the classroom, students
always look for ways to use computers so the interaction was positive, first we
started with Quizizz, I did an opening with regular and irregular verbs, after
that I made feedback of each verb and had them pronounced, helping them in the
pronunciation.
Afterwards, we finished doing some exhibitions that had been pending of the last class, all were
attentive because I in some moments towards questions about what their classmates were talking, once this activity was over, they again used the computers to do an activity on regular verbs and Irregular, it was a small workshop on putting the verb in the correct way, detect that not everyone has
learned to identify some verbs but when they use the list that I suggested, they find them easily.
To close the activity of regular and irregular verbs, I made a small contest in Kahoot on this subject,
it was quite competitive, the vast majority was competing for the first place and it was nice to see a competition in a healthy way, I feel that this is reason enough and for that reason they were attentive to the class, also, we watched a video to make the topic clearer and they also helped collectively to
say what was in the video.
At the end of the class we talked a little about the comparatives and superlatives, we did a little activity in Quizizz and I could diagnose if in one way or another they hadalready seen the subject, the results were positive, and I was surprised, I thought they did not have much knowledge about the topic, so after the activity in the computers, I made them to form in two groups, and the one that more comparative adjectives and superlatives that I had in 40 seconds, gained apoint that the next class will be done, they did it very well, They were calm and actively participating.
I felt good today, the only thing that I have to change is not getting a bad temper, it does not happen all the time, only sometimes but as the class went on I changed it, I also have to correct the desire to please all the students just With certain activities, I must not lose the objective of teaching English not only through activities but also all its grammatical structures.
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
ResponderBorrarDaniela, I think it is a good idea to use the materials that you have in the classroom since I think they can help you a lot to develop a good lesson. As everybody knows, nowadays people liked to work with computers, cellphones or tablets because we are in the technological era. But, I will give you a piece of advice, when you use technological devices, make sure that each one of your students are working in the task or activity. You can walk around the classroom and ask your students what are you doing? or do you have any doubt?
ResponderBorrar