Journals
Journal # 1

The class of today was
quite dynamic, I left the traditional part I tried to involve more resources
that I own as computers, at first I did not think it would work but the
interaction generated is very good, they were attentive and all
participated actively.
Then, when we did the
present continuous workshop, there was a very good transition, they were
working, if they had any doubt they asked me and that was fine, the topic was
already did, and they were able to make me understand that it was clear.
For the end of the class
the involvement of a new subject as the past continued made them understand a
little more the way in which the structure should go in the past, the
video was interactive and a bit clear, for the final activity we use the
app Padlet, where they should describe their favorite photo and for the next
class expose it.
At the end of the class
I felt a bit uncomfortable because there was a group of students who did not
want to work and when they saw that I was taking note they decided to do it, it
is uncomfortable because they do what they want and it is not convenient
to discuss with them, so just leave them and wait for results on the job.
Hello Daniela.
ResponderBorrarIt so good that you have resources to work with your students, You should continue taking advantage of it since in my case, I do not have the opportunity. to work with these kind of elements and I think they are really useful when you as teacher want to make a dfferent class . But, you also have to be carefull since you need an strategy to keep students working in the task you assign to them.
I also have had the same problem with groups that do not like to participate. But, I had implemented a startegy that has worked with them, You can try it. I always try to be paying attention to all the class. and when I see that there is a group which is not working, I go to their seats and I start to ask them if they have any problem or if they do not understand something. I try to do the first exercise with them and then, they start to work by themselves.